It’s always a good thing when a new beer enters a market. It provides consumers with yet another choice for a tasty, quality beer to drink and expands the craft beer scene. In just a few short weeks, Sweetwater Brewing Company will do just that and begin serving several of their flagship brews in the Tampa Bay/St. Petersburg/Clearwater area of Florida.
“After an arduous and comprehensive wholesaler assignment process,” Sweetwater Director of Sales, Dave Guender began. “We are glad to announce that we’ve selected Pepin Distributing Company for the Tampa market, and Great Bay Distributors for St. Petersburg and Clearwater.”
Sweetwater will bring their tent pole 420 Extra Pale Ale to bars and restaurants throughout the area beginning Oct. 15. Later in the week 12-ounce bottles of 420, Sweetwater Blue, and Sweetwater IPA will hit store shelves.
Along with the roll out of Sweetwater brews, the company is planning several days of launch parties and events. Founder and Big Kahuna Freddie Bensch will join the festivities to help his 15-year-old company hop things up in Tampa. Among the events are:
Wednesdays, Oct. 17
- Pub crawl featuring SweetWater samplings, specials and meet-and-greet with Freddy in Tampa (times/locations TBD)
Thursday, Oct. 18
- Pub crawl featuring SweetWater samplings, specials and meet-and-greet with Freddy in St. Petersburg (times/locations TBD)
Friday, Oct. 19
- SweetWater’s presents Olde Bay Café’s Craft Beer & Crab Festival at Edgewater Park in Dunedin from 2-10 p.m.
- Brews featured at Safety Harbor 3rd Friday in downtown Safety Harbor from 6-10 p.m.
- SweetWater will be flowing at the JJGrey & Mofro show at Jannus Live in St. Petersburg at 8 p.m.
Follow the brewery’s Florida events on its Florida Facebook page for updates on events and appearances at: facebook.com/SWHeadyPeddlersFlorida.
- SweetWater Brewery a fun and interesting way to spend a Saturday afternoon (sprbrewcrew.wordpress.com)
- Former SweetWater workers to start Savannah brewery (bizjournals.com)
- SweetWater releasing “Danktoberfest” in October (bizjournals.com)
- SweetWater Brewing Company in Orlando This November (thedailycity.com)