A few weeks ago, I received an email from a reporter for The Daily Meal food and drink website. She sought me out to ask my opinion of the best craft beer breweries in the United States. The premise was simple; she was asking some of the country’s best beer bloggers to name their top three breweries, she was then going to take those breweries and ask the readers of the website to vote on the top 25 from the nominations.
Well, the results are in and the website has published its list of the top 25 craft breweries in the country on their website. You can read the article at The Daily Meal. For the record, my choices were, in this order:
- Dogfish Head
- Firestone Walker
- Cigar City
Note that two of my choices made it into the top five and that Florida’s Cigar City Brewing Co. is one of them. For your convenience, I have included the top 10 breweries on their list. See if you agree with the choices their readers made.
- Dogfish Head (Lewes, Del.)
- Stone Brewing Company (Escondido, Calif.)
- Boulevard Brewing Company (Kansas City, Mo.)
- Founders Brewing Company (Grand Rapids, Mich.)
- Cigar City Brewing Company (Tampa, Fla.)
- New Belgium Brewery (Fort Collins, Colo.)
- Lagunitas Brewing Company (Petaluma, Calif.)
- Bell’s Brewery (Kalamazoo, Mich.)
- Russian River Brewing Company (Santa Rosa, Calif.)
- Sierra Nevada (Chico, Calif.)