It is no secret that Florida is seeing incredible growth in the craft beer revolution. Over the next few weeks there will be a plethora of special beer release events, beer tastings and beer festivals. One of the upcoming festivals will take place in downtown Lakeland, Fla. on February 15. The Brewz Crewz Craft Beer Festival benefits ElderPoint Ministries as well as the Downtown Lakeland Partnership.
The event will take place at Munn Park and features beers from more than 75 craft beers to taste along with food from several area eateries. Live music is also part of the event. Confirmed breweries that will be represented at the festival include:
- Cigar City Brewing Company
- Orlando Brewing Company
- Bell’s Brewing Company
- Terrapin Beer Company
- Laugunita’s Brewing Company
- Oskar Blues Brewing Company
And many more.
- Food at the event will be provided by:
- Harry’s Seafood Bar & Grill
- Chop Shop Burgers That Rock
- Black & Brew Coffeehouse & Bistro
- Tampa Bay Food Truck Rally
For those who wish a slightly more exclusive experience, VIP tickets are available that include access to a private outdoor VIP lounge, along with food, beers, wine and ciders that are not available in the general admission area. VIP ticket holders can also admission one hour earlier than general admission and enjoy private restroom facilities.
In order to promote responsible drinking, organizers have secured special hotel room rates with Fairfield Inn & Suites. This hotel also offers a free shuttle to and from the event. Other hotels offering a discounted rate are Hilton Garden Inn and Ramada Lakeland.
The event open to VIP ticket-holders at 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. for general admission and runs util 9:00 p.m. Tickets are available online at EventBrite or at the gate and cost:
- VIP — $50 in advance or $60 at the gate
- General Admission — $35 in advance or $45 at the gate
- Designated Drivers — $10 in advance or $20 at the gate