The first round battle for the overall champion craft beer is over and there were some hard fought battles. There are also several local Jacksonville beers that are still in the running – no surprise since they are pretty good brews. Here are the results of Round 1.
Winners are highlighted in BOLD text.
- Cigar City Hunahpu’s Imperial Stout (tie 1) vs. Spring House Brewing Big Gruesome (16)
- Cigar City Jai Alai IPA (8) vs. Intuition Ale Works Underdark Imperial Stout (9)
- The Alchemist Heady Topper (4) vs. DC Brau On the Wings of Armageddon (13)
- Three Floyds Dark Lord (5) vs. Cigar City Good Gourd (12)
- Founders Brewing Founders Breakfast Stout (tie 1) vs. New England Brewing Ghandi Bot (15)
- Terrapin Wake-n-Bake Stout (7) vs. Intuition Dark Star Milk Stout (10)
- Bell’s Hopslam (tie 1) vs. Cigar City Marshal Zhukhov (14)
- Bell’s Two-Hearted (6) vs. Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA (11)
Note: Since there were only 12 nominations for this division, the top four seeds will automatically advance to the next round.
- Goose Island Bourbon County Coffee Stout (1) progresses to next round
- Goose Island Bourbon County Stout (2) progresses to next round
- Prairie Artisan Ales Prairie Bomb! progresses to next round
- Oskar Blues Ten Fidy progresses to next round
- New Belgium Fat Tire (8) vs. New Belgium Lips of Faith Yuzu (9)
- Prairie Artisan Ales Vanilla Noir (5) vs. Coors Brewing Third Shift (12)
- Prairie Artisan Ales Coffee Noir (6) vs. Leinenkugel Snowdrift Vanilla Porter (11)
- Tommyknocker Brewery Nut Brown Ale (7) vs. Abita Lemon Wheat (10)
- Russian River Pliny the Elder (tie 1) vs. Redhook Longhammer IPA (16)
- Lagunitas A Little Something Something (8) vs. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (9)
- Ballast Point Sculpin IPA (4) vs. Kona Brewing Fire Rock Pale Ale (13)
- Lagunitas Sucks (5) vs. Lost Coast Indica IPA (12)
- Deschutes Abyss (tie 1) vs. Widmer Bros. Hefeweizen (15)
- Stone IPA (7) vs. Four Peaks Hop Knot (10)
- Boneyard Hop Venom (3) vs. Kona Brewing Big Wave (14)
- Stone Ruination IPA (6) vs. Sierra Nevada Ruthless (11)
- Sint Sixtus Westvleteren 12 (1) vs. Black Sheep Brewery Monty Python’s Holy Grail Ale (16)
- Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale (8) vs. Tucher Hefeweizen (9)
- Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout (4) vs. Wychwood Hobgoblin (13)
- Samuel Smith Taddy Porter (5) vs. Hoegaarden (12)
- Kasteel Rouge (2) vs. Wells Banana Bread (15)
- Weihenstephaner Original (7) vs. Unibroue Blanche de Chambly White Ale (10)
- St. Bernadus Tripel (3) vs. Pilsner Urquell (14)
- Samuel Smith’s Yorkshire Stingo (6) vs. Samuel Smith Organic Strawberry Fruit Ale
Round 2 begins now! Head over to the survey site using the link below and vote for your favorites to get into the Sweet 16! This round of voting closes Thursday, March 20 at noon.
Here is the playoff schedule for the rest of the tourney!
Thursday, March 20, 2014 – Sweet 16
Monday, March 24, 2014 – Awesome 8
Friday, March 28, 2014 – Final 4
Tuesday, April 1, 2014 – Championship
Now, get out there and support your beers! Vote for your beers at the link below.