Home football games means tailgating. Nothing is better than spending time with your friends sitting around the parking lot before the big game tossing a football, cooking some brats and sipping a few cold brews. And the people at Johnsonville are well aware of the plac their sausages hold in the esteem of tailgaters everywhere. That is why they have enlisted the help of their Johnsonville Grillmaster, Ryan Anderson who came up with a delicious brat recipe that requires only three additional ingredients — one of them is beer!
Read all about the Brat Hot Tub and more in the press release below:
SHEBOYGAN, Wis., Oct. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Tailgating season is here, and while celebrity chefs are promoting their latest grilling recipes featuring exotic ingredients difficult to find, Johnsonville has a recipe with three items every tailgate already has: beers, grilled Johnsonville brats and onions. Simply combine the three together and you have a mouth-watering Brat Hot Tub that will keep your game day sausages tasting great from firing up the grill early in the morning to kick-off.
“Up here in Wisconsin, we know a thing or two about brats, beer and football,” said Johnsonville Grillmaster, Ryan Allison. “This recipe has been a Stayer family tradition for keeping grilled brats juicy and delicious from the moment you take them off the grill throughout your tailgate party.”
Johnsonville Brat Hot Tub
- 1 large (11-inch x 9-inch x 2 3/8-inch) aluminum foil baking pan
- 2 to 3 cans (12 ounces each) beer
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, sliced
- JOHNSONVILLE® Brats
- Put the pan right on the grill, being careful not to singe your knuckle. Pour in the beer, and add the butter and onions.
- Grill your Johnsonville Brats to a juicy, golden-brown perfection.
- Serve immediately to your hungry guests and place any remaining brats into the steaming hot tub.
- When folks are ready for seconds or thirds – or when stragglers show up late – grab a Johnsonville Brat out of the hot tub and enjoy!
About Johnsonville Sausage, LLC
Wisconsin-based Johnsonville Sausage is the No. 1 national sausage brand featuring: brats, burgers Italian sausage, smoked-cooked links, breakfast sausage in fully cooked and fresh varieties, meatballs and summer sausage. Johnsonville employs approximately 1,400 members. Each member takes ownership of product quality to ensure the excellence and “Big Flavor” of Johnsonville Sausage. Founded in 1945 by the late Ralph F. andAlice Stayer, the company remains privately owned today. For additional Johnsonville company information, the latest recipes, contests and the Big Taste Grill tour schedule, visit www.johnsonville.com.