Six months after its debut, the Jax Ale Trail is being lauded as an unqualified success. Launched in early December 2014, the Jax Ale Trail is a self-guided tour of Jacksonville’s eight craft breweries. Trail followers can pick up a “Passport” at one of the breweries on the Trail or the Visit Jacksonville office on Laura Street in downtown Jacksonville. By presenting the passport and ordering a beer at each brewery on the Trail, visitors earn a stamp. Fill the passport up with a stamp from all eight breweries on the Trail and trailblazers earn a Jax Ale Trail t-shirt when they turn the completed passport in at Vist Jacksonville office downtown.
By the numbers, over 14,000 passports have been distributed since the inception of the program, more than 400 completed passports have been turned in by visitors from 25 different states and five different countries.
Here are some of the highlights from the past six months:
- 416 completed Jax Ale Trail Craft Beer Passports mailed to Visit Jacksonville
- 323 (78%) were from Florida, 93 (22%) from out of state
- 281 (68%) from Duval County and surrounding areas, 135 (32%) from visitors from other areas including:
- 25 States: Ala., Calif., Fla., Ga., Hawaii., Ia., Ill., Ind., La., Mass., Md., Maine, Mich., Minn., N.C., N.D., N.J., Nev., N.Y., Ohio, Pa., S.C., Texas, Utah, Va.
- 5 Countries: USA, Canada, France, Brazil, Scotland
Jacksonville’s eight local craft breweries include Intuition Ale Woprks, Bold City Brewery, Aardwolf Brewing Company, Green Room Brewing, Engine 15 Brewing Company, Pinglehead Brewing Company, Veterans United Craft Brewery and Zeta Brewing Company.
For more information on the Jax Ale Trail go to www.JaxAleTrail.com.