For the second year in a row, downtown Jacksonville will be filled with the rousing sounds of Oompah-pah, the aroma of sizzling bratwurst and the cries of “prost!” for Oktoberfest at Art Walk. Downtown Vision, Inc.’s sponsors the second-annual Oktoberfest @ Art Walk, a benefit for Downtown’s First Wednesday Art Walk, Wednesday, October 1 from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
This year the event is hosted by Kerry Speckman, a.k.a The Specktator and promises to be even more fun and exciting than the average Art Walk. The event will feature:
- A biergarten block party serving German, seasonal and local brews
- Bring your own beer stein (one pint or less) for a fill at regular price
- Live oompah-pah music by Dan Witucki and Mein Heimatland Musikanten Band
- German-inspired dishes from local restaurants
- Contests and activities for all ages, including pumpkin painting, a beer-stein-holding contest, costume contest and more.
Art Walk spans more than 15 blocks in downtown Jacksonville that includes more than 40 galleries, museums, cultural venues, restaurants, bars and businesses, plus dozens of artists in Hemming Plaza, street performers along with live music.
The Jax Beer Guy has partnered with the UBER car service in Jacksonville. Because of this partnership, you can receive a $20 credit for your first ride by simply using the promo code “JaxBeerGuy” when you register for UBER on your smartphone.
Click HERE to sign up now!